- This guide will assist with the installation of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for OS X
- You need administrator level account access to install this software.
- Note: Some screen shots may be slightly different from what you see depending on the version of your operating system and the VPN software.
Download and install
- In a browser window, go to https://vpn.iit.edu
- Log in using your MyIIT Portal username and password. Do not change the Group dropdown
- After clicking the Login button, it will autodetect your operating system and provide a download button.
- Click the Dowload for... button
- The file will mount a disk image. Open this disk image and launch the file named "anyconnect-macosx- XXXXXX".
- On the following screen titled Welcome to the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Installer, click Continue.
- When presented with the software license agreement, click Continue then click Agree on the slide down menu.
- Select only VPN an de-select all other options:
- During the upgrade process, you will get a System Extension Blocked pop-up message. Click on Open Security Preferences:
This will open the Security & Privacy window. At the bottom, you will see the 'System software from developer "Cisco" was blocked from loading message. Click on 'Allow.'
After you click Allow, this will permit the extension, and the software will continue to install.
- The VPN client will begin to install itself.
- When the installation has competed, click the button labeled Close.
Setup and connect using the cisco anyconnect software for osx
- Cisco AnyConnect can be found in the Cisco folder located in the Applications folder (/Applications/Cisco/).
- Navigate to /Applications/Cisco/ and open "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client".
- To connect to VPN, enter vpn.iit.edu click the button labeled Connect.
- Enter your portal username and password then click the button labeled OK.
- Upon successful connection, Cisco AnyConnect will minimize itself and you will see the AnyConnect logo with a small lock in your menu bar just to the left of the time.