VPN - Setup and Connect using the Cisco AnyConnect for iOS
To Connect to Illinois Tech VPN on iPad, iPhone, and iPod:
NOTE: Your iOS device must have iOS version 5 or higher to use Cisco AnyConnect
1. Find and select the App Store icon to open the App Store:
2. Search for Cisco AnyConnect and then select it from the list of results:
3. In the Cisco AnyConnect box, tap FREE and then INSTALL APP:
4. Sign in with your existing Apple ID, or Create a New Apple ID to install the app.
5. When the download/install is complete, tap OPEN.
6. Choose if you want to allow Cisco AnyConnect to be enabled on your iOS device. Note: If you choose "Don't Allow" you will not be able to connect to Illinois Tech's network.
7. Tap "Add VPN Connection...":
8. Enter the following information into the fields:
a. Description: "Illinois Tech".
b. Server Address: "vpn.iit.edu"
c. Then tap Save
9. Switch AnyConnect VPN from OFF to ON by taping the slider. Confirm Illinois Tech is the selected connection:
10. Enter your portal id and password and then tap Connect:
11. When connected, the VPN icon will display in the top, left side of your screen.