VPN - Setup and Connect using the Cisco AnyConnect for Android
1. Launch the Google Play Store and search for AnyConnect.
2. When the app is first launched, it will ask you to accept the End User License Agreement. Click OK.
3. On the home page of the AnyConnect app, you will see that the VPN is disconnected and there is no connection specified. Click on Connections.
4. Click Add New VPN Connection.
5. For the Description, enter IIT. For the Server Address, enter vpn.iit.edu.
6. You will now see “IIT” listed under Connections.
Click where it says OFF to activate the VPN.
7. You will be prompted to enter your information.
- Group: IIT-VPN-USERS
- Username: your myIIT user ID (without @iit.edu, @hawk.iit.edu, etc.)
- Password: your myIIT ID password
8. You will be presented with a request to enable the connection. Click OK.
9. You will now see that you are connected to the VPN.
10. You may click on “Details” in order to see your connection information.
Disconnect from the IIT VPN
1. In the notification area of your phone, you will see a “key” and a message that you are currently connected to the AnyConnect VPN. Either click on that message or open the AnyConnect app.
2. At the prompt, click Disconnect.