To ensure appropriate use of shared Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) Office of Technology Services (OTS) computer lab resources, the following rules apply to all individuals utilizing these services.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in the labs at any time.
- No use of tobacco is allowed in the labs at any time.
- No use of profanity, racial slurs, sexual innuendos or pornographic material is allowed in the labs.
- Use of viruses, Trojans, worms or other malicious hacking/cracking software will not be tolerated in the labs.
- All students must show IIT ID card upon entering.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the labs. Please turn off cell phones or set the ringer to "vibrate" before entering the lab.
- There is no time limit for computer use. However, computers left unattended for an extended period of time may be reassigned to someone else.
- The Lab Assistant is an employee of IIT with authority over the lab. Email comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only current IIT students, faculty and staff are allowed in the labs unless prior authorization is obtained through OTS.
- No commercial or business-related work is permitted in the computer labs unless prior written authorization is obtained from OTS management.
- Any student, faculty or staff that vandalizes, destroys, removes or threatens IIT equipment/assets will be reported to Public Safety to be removed from the premises.
- Any student, faculty or staff that threatens another student, faculty or staff member verbally or physically, will be reported to Public Safety and detained until taken into custody.
- All articles and rules contained in the student handbook will be enforced.
- All articles and rules on the IIT website pertaining to OTS policies will be enforced.
- Disregard of these rules will result in a verbal warning upon first offense; second offense will result in termination of computer lab privileges pending investigation.
In case of emergency call Public Safety at 312-808-6363 or 8-6363.
OTS PC Lab Coordinator
Support Desk: 312-567-3375 or 7-3375 (7-DESK)