In order to best serve the faculty and student community of Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), the Office of Technology Services (OTS) is proposing the following policies and procedures for managing the installed software applications in all OTS PC labs.
- Accurate and up-to-date lists of all installed software for all OTS PC labs can be found on the Academic Computer Labs page.
- Policies and procedures for the addition or removal of PC lab software will be defined on this web page. Procedures include regularly scheduled communications to faculty members prior to the start of each semester.
- PC lab software requirements will be defined on this web page.
- Policies and procedures for the funding of PC lab software licensing will be defined on this web page.
- Any member of the IIT community is always encouraged to submit questions regarding OTS PC Lab policies and procedures by contacting the OTS Support Desk by phone at 312.567.DESK (312.567.3375), by email at email@example.com, or by website at support.iit.edu.
Adding or Removing of PC Lab Software
OTS encourages faculty members to request any changes to the existing PC Lab software images as soon as possible. Any faculty member requesting changes or new software should contact the OTS Support Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on software requirements and funding of PC lab software can be found in following sections of this document. OTS seeks to have all labs completely operational on the first day of classes each semester. In order to accomplish this goal OTS staff must abide by the following timeline:
- 8-weeks Before the Start of Each Semester
Create a test image including all proposed software packages to be tested for a period of 3-weeks. Individuals requesting the addition of a software package will be notified of the software’s success or failure during this period.
- 4-weeks Before the Start of the Semester
Begin the installation of final tested hard-drive images onto individual lab PCs.
Based on this schedule, OTS will send out four separate email notifications to all academic department coordinators. The first two notifications will be coordinated with the registrar and be submitted 10- to 12-weeks before the start of the new semester. These notifications will include a list of existing labs software image and the procedure to request the addition/removal of a software package.
The third notification will be communicated 8-weeks before the start of the semester and contain a list of proposed software packages to be included on the lab PCs. The final notification will be sent 4-weeks before the start of the semester. It will contain a final list of software packages to be installed on the lab PCs.
The removal of a software application from lab PCs can be initiated by OTS or an academic department that is currently paying the software license fees. If OTS initiates the removal of software, OTS will notify all faculty members and academic department contacts at least 12-weeks prior to the start of the next semester. Academic departments can request software applications be removed at any time by sending their request by email to email@example.com. Please request software removal at least 8-weeks prior to the start of the next semester to ensure that OTS can notify all faculty members of the change. No software will be removed from a lab once the final image is defined.
PC Lab Software Requirements
Software must be written for, or compatible with, the Windows 7 operating system. All software applications must pass testing for compatibility with existing lab hardware/software.
Funding of PC Lab Software
At the present time there is no policy defining who will be responsible for funding the software applications installed in the PC labs. In order to consistently provide students and faculty with quality PC labs, OTS proposes the following criteria to determine funding responsibilities for software license fees. This policy will affect only new software requests. OTS will continue to provide funding for the titles that it currently funds.
OTS is Responsible For License Fees of Software That
- Relates to the PC operating system and office suite applications;
- Provides administrative functionality (i.e., anti-virus software); and/or
- Is used by students from multiple colleges/institutes.
Colleges Will be Responsible for License Fees of Software That
- Is used for research purposes
- Is used by students from a single college/institute
- For which there is an existing installed software application, which provides similar functionality
This policy requires the formation of a committee consisting of representatives from each academic college. The committee will be responsible for
- The final adoption of this proposal
- Resolving incidents relating to future software changes
- Funding new software titles
- Categorizing software titles for the purpose of version releases
To Request Information About Hardware or Software in the OTS PC Labs
All information contained in this document, as well as OTS PC lab locations, hours, installed software, and hardware can be found on the Academic Computer Labs page. Any questions or comments should be directed to the OTS Support Desk by phone at 312.567.3375, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or though the web at support.iit.edu.