What is eduroam?
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. This allows IIT students, faculty, and staff to use the Internet with their secure wireless network at other member institutions and allow guests from member institutions to access the Internet using IIT’s secure wireless network.
Where Can I Use eduroam?
IIT students, faculty and staff can get connected at any member institution in many countries around the world. In the Chicago area, this includes higher ed organizations such as University of Chicago, University of Illinois, Northwestern University, Loyola University, DePaul University, Research organizations such. And some of the Chicago landmarks including Field Museum.
Guests to IIT can access eduroam from anywhere on the IIT Mies Campus or at the IIT Downtown (Graduate) Campus.
Please visit the eduroam websites
How do I Get Connected to eduroam?
- OTS recommends configuring devices to connect to eduroam while still at your home campus. This allows you to easily get help from your support resources if you have trouble configuring the connection.
- IIT users who connect to eduroam on campus will have the same experience as if they are connecting to IIT-Secure.
Where do I Get Help if I Have Trouble Connecting?
- If you have trouble connecting to eduroam, please contact your home institution’s support services. Your login information is passed securely to your home institution, so it is not possible for anyone at eduroam or the institution you are visiting to look into why an authentication may have failed.
- Visitors to IIT: If you are visiting from another member institution, please contact your support services. They will be able to contact the eduroam or IIT technical staff if they need to do so. The OTS Support Desk will be unable to provide you support in these cases.
- IIT students, faculty and staff: Please contact the OTS Support Desk if you have any problems connecting to eduroam whether you are on an IIT campus or visiting another member institution. IIT technical staff will be able to contact eduroam or other member institutions if they need to do so to resolve the problem.