Illinois Tech strives to provide the latest technology to its students. All university campuses feature the following:
- High-speed internet
- Wireless network
- Technology-equipped classrooms
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Virtual computer lab
- Remote and mobile printing to computer labs
- Access to HAWKi, Illinois Tech's free mobile app, that will give you anytime, anywhere access to information that is critical to your student experience at Illinois Tech.
- Access to the my.iit.edu portal, with class schedules, university events and news, campus maps, athletic information, and more.
- Online registration capability
- The Google Apps for Higher Educataion which includes among other apps, an Illinois Tech branded Gmail account, Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Plus(+), Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
- Advanced online learning technology with lecture capture
- Discounted software
If you attended a SOAR (orientation event), a copy of the most recent presentation can be found here.
For more information about all that Illinois Tech has to offer, please contact the Office of Admission.
Shortly after you apply, you will receive an e-mail containing your myIIT login information. Once you receive this email, please login to myIIT with your username and temporary password. The system will prompt you to change your password and select a security question.
Your PIN, which is available on the Welcome tab of your myIIT web page, is used only for registration purposes. The PIN is not issued by OTS but by your advisor. Undergraduates may have to see their advisor each semester to receive a PIN for registration. Graduate students may only need to see an advisor once.
Most students will all have an email address that ends in @hawk.iit.edu; Institute of Design students will all have an email address that ends in @id.iit.edu; Chicago-Kent College of Law students will all have an email address that ends in @kentlaw.iit.edu.
Staff's and faculty's email addresses will usually end in @iit.edu, @id.iit.edu, @kentlaw.iit.edu, or @stuart.iit.edu.
Your portal ID is the login name/username you use to access the portal and other resources. It is the same as the beginning part of your email address. If your email address is email@example.com, then your portal ID would be abc123.
Your "A number" or CWID is a unique number used to identify each student at the university. The CWID is used instead of a Social Security number.