The OTS Support Desk urges you to use the Google G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook if you are an Outlook user. Otherwise please use the Google Web app which is available through the myIIT portal.
To Install Google G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook
Google G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook is a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook® 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 that lets you keep using Outlook to manage your Google Apps for Education account. It does not work with any version of Microsoft Outlook for Apple Mac. Specifically, Google G Suite Sync syncs your mail, contacts, calendar events, Outlook notes, and tasks between your Google profile in Outlook and your Google Apps account in the cloud, so you can access the same information at any time from either interface.
- If you haven't done so already, please sign in to your Google Apps account through the myIIT portal at least once to accept Google's Terms and Conditions.
- Go to the Google G Suite Sync download page and click the "Download GSSMO" link to download and install Google G Suite Sync.
After installation, you will be asked to sign in to your Google Apps account.
Sign in to Google Apps
- Enter your Illinois Tech email address
- Select Yes, I have a password and enter your myIIT password.
- Check "Remember me" (don't skip this step).
- Click Continue when you're done.
Now let's create your Google Apps profile for Outlook and import some data.
Create Your Profile and Import Data
Next, you're prompted to create a Google Apps profile for use in Outlook. This step is also where you can import data from your existing Outlook profile to your Google Apps account. You can also skip importing for now and import later instead. Once created all data in your Google Account on the web will begin synchronizing with Outlook. You may continue to work while the synchronization is occurring. Interruptions and restarts will not corrupt your synchronization.