Please follow the link above to learn about Mathematica in the university's computer classrooms/labs.
Your personal device
To request Mathematica Desktop and Mathematica Online, follow the directions below.
- Create an account (New users only):
- Go to user.wolfram.com and click "Create Account"
- Fill out form using an @hawk.iit.edu email, and click "Create Wolfram ID"
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID
- Request access to the product:
- Fill out this form to request an Activation Key
- Click the "Product Summary page" link to access your license
- Click "Get Downloads" and select "Download" next to your platform
- Run the installer on your machine, and enter Activation Key at prompt
- Fill out this form to request access
- Go to Mathematica Online and sign in to access Mathematica Online
The first four tutorials are excellent for new users, and can be assigned to students as homework to learn Mathematica outside of class time.
HANDS-ON START TO WOLFRAM MATHEMATICA
This tutorial helps you get started with Mathematica—learn how to create your first notebook, run calculations, generate visualizations, create interactive models, analyze data, and more.
- Free online course with live Q&A
- Book available in paperback or Kindle form
- Free on-demand training video for desktop users
- Free on-demand training video for Mathematica Online users
Use this tutorial to learn about solving math problems in the Wolfram Language—from basic arithmetic to integral calculus and beyond.
Provides a list of new functionality in Mathematica 11, and links to documentation and examples for these new features—including 3D printing, audio processing, machine learning and neural networks, and text and language processing.
Access step-by-step instructions ranging from how to create animations to basic syntax information.
Browse Wolfram's large collection of learning materials and support resources.