Basic Banner Migration Q&A
- WILL THERE BE A PERIOD OF TIME AFTER OCTOBER 26, 2018 IN WHICH BANNER v.8 WILL COEXIST WITH BANNER v.9?
- Yes, briefly. Although Banner v.9's Admin Pages (which replace Banner v.8 INB) went 'live' on October 26, 2018, pursuant to a request from the Banner functional users, access to Banner v.8 INB is still be available until the university's weekly Maintenance Window on Friday, November 9, 2018 at 9:15 p.m.
- ARE NEW SKILLS REQUIRED?
- Yes, OTS has become knowledgeable about and familiar with the new technology, and Banner functional users have been and will be trained on the new processing. Training on different aspects of Banner v.9 can be found on the OTS webpage entitled, "Where Are the Banner v.9 Training Materials?"
- WILL BANNER SECURITY NEED TO BE RESTRUCTURED?
- While the vendor of Banner v.9 does not require the security structure to be redone, Illinois Tech is viewing this transition as an opportunity to revisit this subject and potentially make some changes.