What is EMS
EMS Campus™ offers the functionality Illinois Tech's academic and event schedulers, with seamless integrations with Banner Student Information System to support and leverage existing investments and technology infrastructure. EMS was upgraded to V18.104.22.168 in spring 2020 for campus.
EMS allows the Registar's Office to manage all classes, final exams, departmental meetings, and other events within your classrooms. Capabilities include:
- Creating and testing multiple course and room optimization scenarios
- Scheduling classrooms according to customizable attributes and preferences
- Bulk scheduling of hundreds and even thousands of course sections with our Optimization tool
- Capturing and accommodating departmental, instructor, and other preferences via the webbased Campus Planning Interface (CPI)
- Providing reports on the data specific to academic sc hedulers
- Allowing full, bidirectional integration to Banner student information systems (SIS)
Events Scheduling is used by Event Services to assist departments and external clients with planning a departmental meeting, a VIP executive luncheon with major donors, or the next televised Presidential debate, EMS Campus manages it with rich features including:
- A highly configurable, web-based request process that captures mandatory event details
- Full-service conference and event management, including workflows for the coordination of departments
- Safety-net email processes for reservation requesters, service providers, and others that confirm details or changes
- Easy tracking and reporting of all event-related finances and contracts
How to Access EMS
- EMS Access
- Need a user account: Access to EMS is provisioned by the Event Services department. If you need access to EMS, you can submit a request here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Manages BuyIt
The Office of Technology Services supports the maintenance and support of the EMS system along with the Event Services and Registrar departments.
CONTACT THE SUPPORT DESK (see across) for any support requests.
Appropriate Functional Use
Users who are interested in booking meeting space on campus for department activities, student organizations, or external clients.