Illinois Tech has a new Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform, powered by Okta. Identity and Access Management is a method of establishing processes, policies, and tools for controlling access to critical information within an organization. Access Illinois Tech will be a gateway to securely access our applications, such as Google Workspace, Blackboard, Zoom, Papercut, Salesforce, and much more.
- How to set up your account
- How to set up multifactor authentication (MFA) options
- How to add and change your MFA options
- Using the "Okta Verify" Mobile App
- Using SMS Authentication (Text Messaging)
- Using Voice-Call Authentication
What will the Access Illinois Tech Login page look like?
You can reach Access Illinois Tech by visiting https://access.iit.edu. This page will redirect you to https://iit.okta.com, as Access Illinois Tech is powered by Okta. The login page will look like this:
What will I see when I log into Access Illinois Tech?
All web-based applications will eventually be transitioned from the my.iit.edu portal to Access Illinois Tech, and they will move in phases. You will see a new, customizable dashboard (see below for an example) on which you can add sections and arrange the applications in a way that best suits your needs. The applications you see on your dashboard will depend on your role at the university and what permissions you have. Learn more about applications that have transitioned to Access Illinois Tech on the Access Illinois Tech Application Rollout List.
CUSTOMIZING YOUR DASHBOARD
Your Access Illinois Tech application dashboard is unique to you. You can reorder your applications to fit your work or study style—drag them around and put them in separate sections or let the application dynamically reorder them for you based on which apps you use most frequently.
Why it Matters
Enabling an Identity and Access Management (IAM) product is the best way for us to employ higher standards for data security and privacy protection.
USING ACCESS ILLINOIS TECH WILL:
- Better protect your identity and university data;
- Enable security features such as multifactor authentication (MFA), also known as two-step verification; and
- Ensure access to needed applications is granted and removed promptly and accurately, which also creates efficiencies in onboarding, off-boarding, and role changes.
SUPPORTING ILLINOIS TECH’S STRATEGIC PLAN
This security initiative supports the university's 2020-2025 five-year strategic plan in a number of ways. For example:
- By better protecting Illinois Tech’s data and systems and reducing our exposure to cyberattacks, we: "Strengthen our finances to enable strategic investment each year." (Strategic Priority #3)
- In addition, by implementing a more secure gateway for our applications and better protecting our data we are “[e]nhanc[ing] technologies used in education, research, and business practices, thereby supporting our priority to: "Fully Realize Our Identity as the Premier Technology-Focused University in Chicago and One of the Top Five Nationally." (Strategic Priority #2)