To increase security for Illinois Tech’s user community and better support ongoing academic and research work, Illinois Tech will be restricting access to non-Illinois Tech Domain Name Servers (DNS).
If you have manually configured DNS servers other than Illinois Tech DNS servers or use software that may have updated these settings, you will have to check if the DNS servers you configured are on the list of approved DNS servers, which appear below.
The IIT DNS Servers are:
Other Approved DNS Servers are:
- Cloudflare DNS: 220.127.116.11; and 18.104.22.168
- Comodo Secure DNS: 22.214.171.124; and 126.96.36.199
- Google DNS: 188.8.131.52; and 184.108.40.206
- Level3 DNS: 220.127.116.11; and 18.104.22.168
- Norton ConnectSafe DNS: 22.214.171.124; and 126.96.36.199
- OpenDNS: 188.8.131.52; and 184.108.40.206
- Verisign DNS: 220.127.116.11; and 18.104.22.168
Given the above-list of supported DNS servers, please reconfigure your settings to use one of them.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the OTS Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, 312-567-3375 (on campus x7DESK), or stop by the second floor of the Galvin Library.