Connect to the IIT-Secure Wireless Network
- Click the wireless icon to view available networks. Select IIT-Connect as your Wireless network.
- Open a web browser and the IIT Wireless Network Webpage will automatically display. Select the Students, Faculty and Staff link.
- Run the wireless network wizard, accept the end user agreement, and select the Start button.
- Check boxes to accept the risk and not to show the notice again. Select “Run”.
- Accept the risk once more by clicking the box in the security warning dialogue window. Select “Run”.
- If an error message displays indicating that your network driver is not up to date, go to your network driver manufacturer’s website (e.g.Intel.com) to search for any updates. If you have difficulty completing the driver update, contact the OTS Support Desk for assistance.
- A new window labeled XpressConnect by Cloudpath Networks will pop-up (if the window does not appear, make sure pop-ups are enabled in your browser). Click “Continue”. Allow the application to run. When complete click on the bubble that appears in the task bar.
- Enter your full IIT email address and password within the Network Authentication window.
- Select your network location.
- Click “Done” in the XpressConnect window.
IIT-Secure will be your primary wireless network. You will no longer need to use IIT-Connect. However, you may be prompted to authenticate using your email address and password when you move between locations.
OTS supports the following devices and equipment for accessing IIT network and systems wirelessly
- Computers using Windows Vista/7/8 and above or Mac OS X 10.7.5 and above
- Apple iPads running IOS 6.1.6 and above
- All other devices will be supported on a best-effort basis
- All IIT students, faculty and staff are required to register their device(s) via the IIT DHCP Registration site (https://dhcp.iit.edu or https://220.127.116.11).
- Devices that do not have a web browser or unable to access the registration site must be registered manually by contacting the OTS Support Desk.
- Users connecting to IIT-Connect are not required to register their device(s).
If you need assistance with manual configuration or experience connection issues, contact the Support Desk at support.iit.edu, for answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Or, contact them directly at 312.567.3375 (on campus x7Desk) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.